Fee and Access Plans
Our fee plan invests in activity to expand access to higher education, enhance the excellence of the student experience at Aberystwyth and support students to succeed.
Aberystwyth University is proud of the innovative and creative ways in which it is addressing issues of social justice and widening access, and our commitments in the fee plan reflect this. We will continue, through our fee plans, to provide support for a range of initiatives aimed at removing barriers to higher education, welcoming students from all backgrounds and supporting them to reach their full potential.
Our fee plan investments recognise the importance for students of employability-related skills. The best University education equips students for lives of ongoing enquiry which challenges, develops and enables them to recognise the value of the skills they possess. Through the plan, we are investing renewed resources in initiatives to prepare our students for the future, ensuring that every Aberystwyth graduate has the best possible chance of succeeding in whatever career they choose.
Overall, we are confident that the balance of work in our fee plans represents a sound investment in the development and support of our students and reflects our commitment to giving each Aberystwyth entrant the best possible experience and the best possible future thereafter.
Measures proposed in the Aberystwyth University Fee Plans include:
- Investing in a range of bursaries, scholarships and awards, including a means tested bursary scheme focused on the provision of financial assistance to students from low-income background, bursaries for students from a care background, and scholarships to reward and encourage academic excellence.
- Providing the Aberystwyth Summer University, a scheme which offers a six-week University experience to around 80 young people from areas where, traditionally, the number entering Higher Education is low.
- Enhancing the support provided to students with disabilities.
- Enhancing the provision of online learning, including lecture capture, to enable more flexible learning.
- Investment in an extensive programme of capital infrastructure enhancement to ensure that students benefit from an excellent learning environment and up-to-date IT resources.
- Investing in schemes to enhance graduate employability, including enterprise and entrepreneurship activities, alumni mentoring and work experience schemes.