Temporary Withdrawal

If you decide to take a break from your studies and return to your studies at Aberystwyth University at a later stage, then, you must complete the online ‘Notification of Withdrawal’ form requesting a Temporary Withdrawal. This can be found on your Student Record under the title ‘Academic Record’. Please remember that you are required to comply with all the procedures and policies that Aberystwyth University has in place to protect its Student Sponsor status.

Please ensure that you contact academic department regarding the academic implications of your decision and the International Student Advisor (immigrationadvice@aber.ac.uk) regarding the visa implications of a possible withdrawal before making the final decision and before completing the online Notification of Withdrawal form.

Please note that once you have submitted the online ‘Notification of Withdrawal’ form you have 3 days to cancel your withdrawal request.

When your withdrawal is confirmed we will withdraw sponsorship of your isa and notify the Home Office. This means that your visa will be curtailed and you must leave the UK as soon as possible. If you fail to do so, you could be risking becoming an overstayer. Overstaying is a criminal offence and can have serious implications for any future immigration applications you make in the UK and in other countries.

If you are not in the UK when you decide to temporarily withdraw, please note you will not be able to enter the UK.

When you decide to return to your studies, you will need to apply for a new Visa and you will need a new Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS). Please contact the International Student Advisor (immigrationadvice@aber.ac.ukat least 3 months prior to returning to your studies.