Can I write up from Home (PG Research student)?

If you wish to write up from home, you will first need to discuss this with your supervisor/s and receive their approval. Once approval has been sought, you will be required to inform the Compliance office in advance of you leaving, and will be required to supply a copy of your flight details (electronic booking confirmation will suffice).  The University will be required to report this change to the Home Office and withdraw our sponsorship of your Student visa. As a result your visa will be withdrawn and if you need to re-enter the country e.g. for your viva voce, you will need to apply for/obtain a Visit visa.

Please note that you can only return Home to write up when you are in your ‘Abeyance’ / Writing Up period. Students who choose to Write up from Home will not be eligible to apply for a Graduate Route Visa.