Employers put work experience at the top of their wish list when they recruit graduates but not everyone finds it easy to get the work experience they need…
The Achieve through Work Experience Programme is for young students on higher education courses in Wales who are facing barriers in securing work experience.
We work with all kinds of employers in Wales to create tailored, flexible work experience opportunities designed to fit around students’ other commitments. We source:
- Work shadowing – up to three days of unpaid work experience observing someone in their role to understand how they do their job.
- Work tasters – up to four weeks of unpaid work experience getting some hands-on experience or working on a small project.
- Work placements – four to six weeks of paid work experience getting hands-on experience or working on a project.
If you take part in the Programme you will get the support of an adviser to help you decide what kind of work experience would work best for you, help to prepare for it, learn from it and decide on your next steps.
This will improve your chances of securing sustainable employment, further training or education when you complete your course.
You may be able to get help with travel costs and childcare costs so that doing work experience is an affordable option for you.
The Achieve through Work Experience Programme is a European Social Fund initiative to create work experience opportunities for students on higher education courses in Wales who:
Are under 25 years old, in full time education and can say yes to at least one of the following
- I have a disability or work limiting health condition
- I’m from a Black and/or Minority Ethnic background
- I have caring or child care responsibilities
- I am a care leaver
- I’m from a low HE participation neighbourhood
To find out moreabout the Programme and our further eligibility criteria please contact your Aberystwyth GO Wales team firstname.lastname@example.org
The scheme is supported by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.