ABERforward provides meaningful work experience opportunities to eligible Aber students and graduates in departments across the University.
Each placement is designed to help build your skills, employability and confidence in what you can offer graduate employers, through working and learning in a safe and supportive real work environment.
Key features of ABERforward placements
- Choice: sector-specific and generic roles to suit both those with a clear career focus and those who are undecided
- Flexibility: part-time and full-time options, start dates at different times of year
- Project-based: work tasks of genuine benefit to the host department, and the wider University
- Support from the Careers Service: built in at different stages of the placement, to help gain maximum benefit from this learning and development opportunity
- Salaried: placements are paid at an hourly rate in accordance with University policy
Who can take part in ABERforward?
Please only proceed with an application once you have checked and confirmed you are eligible to take part. The current eligibility criteria can be viewed here.
If you are eligible to take part in ABERforward, please view the detailed information provided on the ABERcareers portal.
Within the placement scheme listing you will find a comprehensive Guide to ABERforward for Students and Graduates, answering any questions you may have, as well as details of placements currently open for application, and the online application form.
Please remember that placements can be offered at any time of year, therefore will be posted and opened for application at different times of year, so please check the live listing on a regular basis to ensure you don’t miss any opportunities of interest.
If you have any queries, just email email@example.com
Could you offer a placement with the salary 100% funded by ABERforward? Or would you just like further information about how the scheme works?
Additional guidelines for Employability Placements (for academic departments only) can be found here.