Advice for Teachers & Careers Advisers
We know that Clearing can be a stressful time for both students and staff as the results come in. We want to make sure we provide as much guidance as possible to help smooth out the process for students and get them a place at Aberystwyth studying the course they want.
Below you’ll find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about Clearing, by careers advisers and teachers. If there is an enquiry that we don’t answer here, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us through the form at the end of the page.
How can students contact Aberystwyth University?
- For any questions regarding clearing, please call our dedicated hotline on 0800 121 4080
Will students be made an offer over the phone when they call?
- Yes, as long as students meet the entry requirements and the spaces on the course they apply to are available, they can be made an offer over the phone. Once the verbal offer is made, we’ll follow up a few hours later with the official written offer via email, which they will need to accept as soon as they can
Can students visit the University over Clearing?
- Yes, we will offer Clearing Visit Days to give students the opportunity to see the campus and check out our facilities
Can students in Clearing secure accommodation at Aberystwyth University?
- Yes, all students are guaranteed accommodation in their first year
Do you have any advice for parents about Clearing?
- Yes, we do. Take a look at our Clearing advice for parents page