Latest updates on IT and Library services
Since closing the Library buildings in March 2020, we’ve continued to provide online access to resources and virtual support from the IS Service Desk and your subject librarians. Over the summer, as a part of our phased re-opening, we have launched a number of services from the Hugh Owen Library to support your learning and teaching and continue to plan for more as regulations permit.
- This page contains advice and guidance for University staff and students regarding the coronavirus outbreak.
- The IT and Library Service Desk is available via online chat, telephone and email, MS teams: 08:30-17:30 Monday to Sunday
- Support in looking for library resources and making the most of your online collections in your specific subject, please contact your subject librarian. Either email email@example.com or book an appointment via Microsoft Teams or Skype at https://libcal.aber.ac.uk
- LibGuides: find recommended resources for your subject as well as who to ask for help if you get stuck.
Library Study Spaces
- The Iris de Freitas room is temporarily closed due to the escalating risk of Covid-19 transmission.
- The Iris de Freitas Room is now providing pre-booked study spaces to Aberystwyth University students and staff. Please see our Iris de Freitas study space booking webpage for more information on services available, and information on how to book a study space
- We are expanding opening hours of library-based services
- For students and staff in Aberystwyth: please see "How can I return my library loans?"
- For students and staff unable to return to Aberystwyth, please contact us to arrange to return your books
- Borrowing library books and IT equipment via Click and Collect by pre-booked timeslot only. This service is available 7 days a week between 13:00-17:00 from 1st September 2020.
- Consultation of items not available for loan - by prior arrangement. Please contact us
- Printing, photocopying and scanning is available at the Hugh Owen Library anytime during advertised opening hours
- If it isn’t possible to get your More Books request as an e-book, we can now try to order it in print, although please bear in mind that with the present circumstances it may take several weeks before the book is available for collection.
- A useful guide to IT and Library services and tools for studying including Blackboard, student record, ap Aber and printing/photocopying/scanning.
- As well as support on using your reading lists, finding and accessing online resources and borrowing books from the library.
- Where can I collect my Aber Card
Keep up to date
By following our Information Services’ social media accounts and news webpage: