Latest updates on IT and Library services
The Hugh Owen Library and IT and Library services detailed below remain open and available.
Virtual IT and Library Service Desk
The IT and Library Service Desk is available via online chat, MS Teams, telephone and email: Monday-Friday 08:30-20:30 / Saturday-Sunday 08:30-17:30
Access to Library Resources during COVID restrictions
- FAQ “How can I access library resources during COVID?”
- Many of our resources are available online and where they are not, a number of new, temporary library services have been introduced to support students and staff during this time.
- Please check the Primo – the library catalogue for online resources in the first instance.
- Your subject librarian can help you find resources.
Subject support and library & information skills
- For support looking for library resources and making the most of our online collections in your specific subject, please contact your subject librarian. Either email firstname.lastname@example.org book an appointment via Microsoft Teams or Skype at https://libcal.aber.ac.uk
- Online reading lists
- LibGuides: find recommended resources for your subject as well as who to ask for help if you get stuck.
Library Study Spaces
- The Iris de Freitas Room is now providing pre-booked study spaces to Aberystwyth University students and staff.
- Levels E and F of the Hugh Owen Library are now open and offering a range of study spaces that need to be booked in advance.
Returning your library books and IT equipment
Postal loans for library books
Borrowing books with Click and Collect
Chapter digitisation service
In response to COVID-19 and whilst access to materials in the library is limited, a temporary chapter digitisation service has been introduced to support your studies.
Printing and copying
If it isn’t possible to get your More Books request as an e-book, we can now try to order it in print, although please bear in mind that with the present circumstances it may take several weeks before the book is available for collection.
Document Supply service from the library
- Document Supply Service
- Due to the new restrictions recently put in place across the UK, the Document Supply team will not be able to borrow or lend print material for the time being. Requests for digital material can still be placed using the “Document Supply” button in Primo.
- If you need a book, article or chapter that we don’t have in Aberystwyth, you can request it using the “Document Supply” button in Primo – the library catalogue.
- You will be emailed when your item is ready with information on how to book a timed slot for you to collect your requested items.
Virtual IT and Library induction for new and returning students
- A useful guide to IT and Library services and tools for studying including Blackboard, student record, ap Aber and printing/photocopying/scanning.
- As well as support on using your reading lists, finding and accessing online resources and borrowing books from the library.
- Where can I collect my Aber Card