Blackboard - Student Guides
Blackboard is Aberystwyth University’s virtual learning environment (VLE). Blackboard is an online site for each module that offers a range of materials for supporting learning.
Blackboard has a range of tools for communication, collaboration, assessment, feedback, reflection and content management, and provides an online space for activities to support learning.
Blackboard can be logged into from any computer connected to the Internet using a browser - we recommend using Firefox or Chrome for Blackboard.
• Go to https://blackboard.aber.ac.uk
• Login using your AU username and password
Blackboard guide for Students
Blackboard Basics - overview and getting started
Blackboard Essentials - navigating inside your module
- Find your module
- Different types of content in your module
- Navigate inside your module
- Navigate outside your module
- Submitting a TurnItin assignment
- Downloading a TurnItin submission receipt
- Viewing your TurnItin grades and feedback
- Group assignments
- Common questions about assignments
- Finding your assignment grade
- Submitting a Blackboard assignment
- Submitting a Blackboard test
- Viewing Blackboard test and assignment grades and feedback
- Stay in the loop - activity stream, announcements and messages
- Interact with others - messages, discussions, journals and groups
Blackboard videos for Students
Blackboard Help and Support
For further support on any aspect relating to Blackboard, please contact the E-learning team via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (01970) 62 2472.
Please also see:
Keep up to date: