Library Services and COVID-19
Wednesday 25 March update
Please keep checking this webpage for updates, and follow our accounts on social media:
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com?aberuni_is/
- Twitter: @aberuni_is
- Instagram: @isaberuni
The majority of the Univesity’s campus has been closed (as of Monday 23 March), which means that the Hugh Owen Library, the Physical Sciences Library and all computer rooms and learning centres (including the 24/7 ones) are now closed until further notice.
The IT and Library Enquiry Desk is available via online chat, telephone and mail services from 08:30-17:30 Monday to Thursday and 08:30-16:30 on Fridays: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/is/help/contactus/.
If you need support in looking for resources and making the most of your online collections in your specific subject, please contact your subject librarian. Either email email@example.com or book an appointment via Skype at https://libcal.aber.ac.uk.
Returns, requests and recalls
We are not accepting book returns at present. We are looking at ways that you can return books nearer to the end of term and will update the advice on this page and via Information Services’ social media by the end of April 2020.
We have suspended all requests for books and we will not be recalling any books that you have out on loan - please see https://faqs.aber.ac.uk/index.php?id=2938 for more information.
We have put the following measures in place to support you and in all cases if you need further support or advice please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need a book but can’t get access please use the “More Books” service if you are a student, or the Purchase Request Form on Primo. the Library catalgoue if you are a member of staff, and we will purchase an electronic version if there is one available. You can make multiple requests.
- We will automatically purchase additional copies of any “simultaneous user” e-book that has run out of credits, and any “managed-user access” e-book that has more than one person waiting to use it.
- You should continue to submit document supply requests in the usual manner, but please be aware that during closure we will only be able to provide access to digital materials. We will also be limited by whether our partner libraries are still functioning or not, but we will do our best. All AU books currently on loan at other libraries will have return dates extended.
- When an online article is required that we do not have access to, and we cannot obtain it via Document Supply, we will purchase access to that article if possible.
- If you have any problems accessing any of our e-resources, please email email@example.com or use the “report a problem” button in Primo.