Information Services Customer Care Policy
Our commitment to our customers:
- To treat all our customers with respect and courtesy;
- To aim to provide a helpful and friendly service to all;
- To put our customers at the centre of our service;
- To respond to customer needs when developing our services, using information gathered from regular user surveys and our user feedback facilities;
- To be aware of equality and diversity issues in assisting all our customers;
- To wear our Aber Cards and to give our names to customers at their request and during written communications;
- To aim to provide the fullest service possible and to aim to maintain the reliability of our services within the constraints of available resources;
- To publicise our services, our Regulations & Guidelines and to display our opening hours keeping customers informed of any changes;
- To provide a professional service to our customers and to train our staff in customer care;
- To provide an online feedback form in all our libraries and to undertake regular surveys of user opinion;
- To aim to reply to named comments within 3 working days;
- To use customer comments and suggestions to help us improve our service.
Customers can help us to accomplish this by:
- Treating Information Services staff and other customers with respect and courtesy;
- Taking care of Information Services property, equipment and facilities;
- Carrying your Aber card when you visit any of our libraries or computer rooms and being aware of the regulations for its use
- Returning the materials you borrow on time;
- Observing Information Services Regulations and following the zoning requirements of individual libraries to maintain appropriate areas for study;
- Abiding by our noise policy including our silent and quiet areas;
- Abiding by our food and drink policy.
This Policy is maintained by Information Services. It was last reviewed in March 2021 and will be reviewed again in March 2023.