Literature & Creative Writing
Find out more about studying Literature & Creative Writing with us:
The Cert. H.E. Creative Writing - Is it for me?
This stimulating, flexible programme of study is designed to help you develop your skills in the craft of writing, as you build a portfolio of work. You can gain credits module-by-module, at your own pace – and at no cost beyond the usual course fees.
If you enjoy creative writing and would like to take several of our courses, then this could be for you!
The Certificate has been designed to build up to a solid grounding in the practice of creative writing and its many possibilities. It also encourages students to enhance their critical skills, to reflect on their writing and identify an audience for their work.
The award provides recognition of students’ achievements in the field. Some students also decide to take their studies further and use the Certificate (along with the portfolio of work) to unlock study at a higher level.
You have five years to complete your studies and within that time you can take the modules flexibly, at your own pace. Not all modules are on offer each year, but we ensure that they are made available over a period of time.
What are the courses like?
Perhaps a few student's comments may give you an insight on what it is like to take a course with us.
- ‘Many thanks for a great writing programme – it’s really opened up a new world for me.
- 'This course has really got me writing!’
- ‘Exceptional teacher, with a great depth of understanding.’
- ‘Lara's teaching is the surest route to confident writing.’
- ‘It gave me the motivation I needed to write my novel.’
- ‘Practical and inspiring tuition.’
How do I Start?
You will need to register. Registration is free and beyond the usual individual course fees, there are no charges for taking the Certificate.
How to access the registration form
You can complete the form supplied in our Lifelong Learning Brochure or contact the Lifelong Learning office on 01970 621580. Or email your request to: email@example.com or download and print a form directly from the website here.
- Certificate in Higher Education Creative Writing - Student Handbook
- Cert. H.E. Creative Writing - Core Modules
- Optional Modules
- CHE Study Sceme Registration Form
- Student Profiles
- Tutor Profiles