The International Student Adviser provides specialised advice on study visas to prospective and current EEA and non-EEA students who come to study at Aberystwyth University. For example, the International Student Adviser can:-
- Provide advice on how to apply for a Student visa from ‘inside’ or ‘outside’ of the UK.
- Provide advice to dependants of Student visa students.
- Provide advice on the Visitor visa to students who are coming on a course of less than six months.
- Help students to safeguard their immigration status by providing advice on:
- withdrawal from studies
- authorised absence
- changing degree scheme
- adding a study abroad or period of work placement
- working conditions
- repeat year and re-sits
- PhD extensions
- Assist EEA, Swiss students, and family members to protect their status under the EU Settlement Scheme.
- Provide information on post-study visa options for students wishing to pursue further studies or work in the UK.
- Provide support to international students on a wide range of issues.
Immigration advice provided by the International Student Adviser is regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner and must therefore meet certain standards, ensuring that students receive clear visa guidance.
The service is confidential, non-judgemental and free of charge.
The International Student Adviser is based in room 3.63, Student Welcome Centre. You are welcome to make an appointment to see the International Student Adviser by emailing email@example.com.