Important Dates & Deadlines
Applicants are encouraged to apply for postgraduate study as early as possible, and in good time in order to ensure that they are in a position to meet the conditions of any offer made, complete the admissions process, and register for study ahead of the course start date.
International applicants should also be aware of the deposit deadline and CAS issuing deadline for their proposed course. These will be detailed, as relevant, in any offer letter that you receive.
- Applicants for Research Degrees (PhD, MPhil) should be aware of any deadlines in relation to potential funding which may apply in their case. Such applicants should aim to apply for study before the end of January in order to be considered for a fully funded place.
- Applicants with who intend to bring their family should generally apply before the end of February.
- Distance Learning application deadlines are two months prior to the relevant course start date.
Course Start Dates
- Most taught programmes commence at the end of September. A January intake point is available for those looking to study an MBA course.
- Distance Learning programmes in the Department of Information Studies:
- MA in Archives and Records Management - April and September
- MA in Information and Library Studies - April and September
- MA in Digital Information and Media Management - April and September
- Distance Learning programmes in the Department of Law and Criminology commence in February and October.
- Research degrees (PhD, MPhil, LLM by Research) can commence end of September (Semester 1) and in late January/early February (Semester 2) for full-time research study. Part-time research students (not resident in Aberystwyth) may begin their studies on the first day of any month of the year, subject to the approval of the relevant academic department and Graduate School.