How to apply
Watch the video above and open the tabs below to find out more about applying for Postgraduate study.
Before You Apply
Reading and understanding this information carefully means that your application to Aberystwyth should be a smooth process.
Please get in contact with the Postgraduate Admissions Office if you have any questions about how to submit your application or what our Entrance Requirements are.
- Entry Requirements
- Comparing Qualifications:
Africa Americas Asia (Central & Pacific) Australasia European Union Middle East other European Countries South Asia
- English Language Requirements
- Essential Documents You Must Submit
- Essential References
- Additional Information for Research Applicants
- Important Dates
Data Protection Information
Latest News- December 2020
We are very pleased to announce that the new Postgraduate Admissions Application Portal was launched on Monday 7th December 2020.
This new system aims to provide applicants with a much-improved user experience when making their online application for postgraduate study at Aberystwyth University.
Full-Time, Part-Time and Distance Learning Programmes
Applications for postgraduate study should be made online via the Postgraduate Admissions Application Portal.
To make an application, firstly visit our Course Pages and find the details of the course for which you wish to apply. Once you have found your chosen Course Page, select the “Apply Now” button to start your application.
The Postgraduate Admissions Application Portal will ask you to provide us with your personal details, confirm your course selection(s) and upload documents in support of your application. Please have you supporting documents saved in PDF format and ready to upload to your online application.
If you cannot find the specific course for which you wish to apply, or have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Postgraduate Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further advice.
Please note that all applications for PGCE Teacher Training courses should be made through the UCAS Teacher Training website.
Courses Not Listed on Course Pages
Please note that there are several course that may not be currently listed on our Courses Pages. However, you can still use the Postgraduate Admissions Application Portal to apply for the following programmes. Please use the following links to apply for these courses.
Link to Application
Professional Doctorate (DProf)
Teacher Training (PGCE) Applications
Applications for PGCE Teacher Training courses at Aberystwyth University are made through UCAS application system. To find out more visit their dedicated page for teacher training applications.
Please note that, due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, the Postgraduate Admissions Office team continue to work from home. Please therefore submit documentation to us by email rather than by post.
If you prefer to apply by post or email, or wish to apply for a programme for which it is compulsory to apply offline then please refer to the guidelines below. If submitting via e-mail, please try to attach documents as separate pdf files.
Please note that applications for PGCE Teacher Training positions are made through the UCAS Teacher Training website.
After you apply
Once your application has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email. If you have applied on-line, you will also receive acknowledgement by e-mail.
- When should I apply/What are the deadlines?
- Should I choose a taught or a research programme?
- What is the best time to start postgraduate study?
- What are the entry requirements?
- Do I have to take an English Language ability test?
- Do I need to Matriculate?
- What are the advantages of studying part-time?
- Can International Students study part-time?
- Glossary of course types/Modes of study
- Residential Category and Tuition Fees
- Payment of Fees
- Do you have any scholarships?
- What evidence do I require for financial evidence?
- Are there specific loan programmes for students from the USA?
- What are the living costs?
- Are there any deadlines for funding?
- Can I find part-time work in Aberystwyth?
- Are there any teaching opportunities?
- How will I be able to open a UK bank account?