How to apply
Watch the video above and open the tabs below to find out more about applying for Postgraduate study.
Before You Apply
Data Protection Information
Full-Time, Part-Time and Distance Learning Programmes
Applications for postgraduate study should be made online via the Postgraduate Admissions Application Portal.
To make an application, firstly visit our Course Pages and find the details of the course for which you wish to apply. Once you have found your chosen Course Page, select the “Apply Now” button to start your application.
The Postgraduate Admissions Application Portal will ask you to provide us with your personal details, confirm your course selection(s) and upload documents in support of your application. Please have you supporting documents saved in PDF format and ready to upload to your online application.
If you cannot find the specific course for which you wish to apply, or have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Postgraduate Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further advice.
Please note that all applications for PGCE Teacher Training courses should be made through UCAS.
Short Courses in Information Studies
Please note that applications for Short Courses in Information Studies by distance Learning for continuous professional development purposes should be made via the submission of a completed Short Course Application Form. Applicants for Short Courses in Information Studies should not apply online via the Postgraduate Admissions Application Portal. Further information can be found at https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/dis/courses/short-courses/#how-can-i-apply.
Courses Not Listed on Course Pages
Please note that there are several course that may not be currently listed on our Courses Pages. However, you can still use the Postgraduate Admissions Application Portal to apply for the following programmes. Please use the following links to apply for these courses.
Link to Application
Professional Doctorate (DProf)
Teacher Training (PGCE) Applications
Applications for PGCE Teacher Training courses at Aberystwyth University are made through UCAS application system. To find out more visit their dedicated page for teacher training applications.
Academic Quality Handbook
The Academic Quality Handbook provides details of the policies, regulations and procedures which support the management of academic standards and quality at Aberystwyth University.
After you apply
On submission of your application you will receive an email confirming that it has been received. The University will then review your application and any supporting documents submitted, and decide whether or not it is in a position to offer you a place for study.
- When should I apply/What are the deadlines?
- Should I choose a taught or a research programme?
- What is the best time to start postgraduate study?
- What are the entry requirements?
- Do I have to take an English Language ability test?
- Do I need to Matriculate?
- What are the advantages of studying part-time?
- Can International Students study part-time?
- Glossary of course types/Modes of study
- Residential Category and Tuition Fees
- Payment of Fees
- Do you have any scholarships?
- What do I need to submit as financial evidence?
- Are there specific loan programmes for students from the USA?
- What are the living costs?
- Are there any deadlines for funding?
- Can I find part-time work in Aberystwyth?
- Are there any teaching opportunities?
- How will I be able to open a UK bank account?