How to apply
Watch the video above and open the tabs below to find out more about applying for Postgraduate study.
Before You Apply
Reading and understanding this information carefully means that your application to Aberystwyth should be a smooth process.
Please get in contact with the Postgraduate Admissions Office if you have any questions about how to submit your application or what our Entrance Requirements are.
- Entry Requirements
- Comparing Qualifications:
Africa Americas Asia (Central & Pacific) Australasia European Union Middle East other European Countries South Asia
- English Language Requirements
- Essential Documents You Must Submit
- Essential References
- Additional Information for Research Applicants
- Important Dates
Data Protection Information
Full-Time, Part-Time and Distance Learning Programmes
Applications for postgraduate study should be made online via the Postgraduate Admissions Application Portal.
To make an application, firstly visit our Course Pages and find the details of the course for which you wish to apply. Once you have found your chosen Course Page, select the “Apply Now” button to start your application.
The Postgraduate Admissions Application Portal will ask you to provide us with your personal details, confirm your course selection(s) and upload documents in support of your application. Please have you supporting documents saved in PDF format and ready to upload to your online application.
If you cannot find the specific course for which you wish to apply, or have any questions regarding the application process, please contact the Postgraduate Admissions Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further advice.
Please note that all applications for PGCE Teacher Training courses should be made through UCAS.
Short Courses in Information Studies
Please note that applications for Short Courses in Information Studies by distance Learning for continuous professional development purposes should be made via the submission of a completed Short Course Application Form. Applicants for Short Courses in Information Studies should not apply online via the Postgraduate Admissions Application Portal. Further information can be found at https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/dis/courses/short-courses/#how-can-i-apply.
Courses Not Listed on Course Pages
Please note that there are several course that may not be currently listed on our Courses Pages. However, you can still use the Postgraduate Admissions Application Portal to apply for the following programmes. Please use the following links to apply for these courses.
Link to Application
Professional Doctorate (DProf)
Teacher Training (PGCE) Applications
After you apply
Once your application has been processed, you will receive a confirmation email. If you have applied on-line, you will also receive acknowledgement by e-mail.
- When should I apply/What are the deadlines?
- Should I choose a taught or a research programme?
- What is the best time to start postgraduate study?
- What are the entry requirements?
- Do I have to take an English Language ability test?
- Do I need to Matriculate?
- What are the advantages of studying part-time?
- Can International Students study part-time?
- Glossary of course types/Modes of study
- Residential Category and Tuition Fees
- Payment of Fees
- Do you have any scholarships?
- What evidence do I require for financial evidence?
- Are there specific loan programmes for students from the USA?
- What are the living costs?
- Are there any deadlines for funding?
- Can I find part-time work in Aberystwyth?
- Are there any teaching opportunities?
- How will I be able to open a UK bank account?