As part of the online application for postgraduate study, applicants should upload documents in support of their application. We recommend that the following information and documents are provided.
- Copies of degree certificates and transcripts. Please note that certified translated copies are required if the original document is not in English or Welsh.
You are welcome to apply for postgraduate study before you have completed any current studies, or if you have already completed your qualification(s). If you apply before you have completed your studies, and the University decides to make you an offer for a place to study with us, then the submission of relevant additional documents to demonstrate your successful completion and award of the qualification at the required level to meet the academic entry requirement, will be a condition of the offer made to you.
- All applicants are encouraged to submit an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with their application. Some courses have a previous work experience entry requirement, and it is essential that applicants for these courses provide a CV.
- Personal statement
- Reference(s)/details of referee(s) must be supplied for each application. You can either upload a reference , or provide details of your referee who will then automatically be contacted by our system to request the reference on your behalf. Please see Essential References section for further information.
- International applicants are required to demonstrate satisfactory English language proficiency at the required level for their chosen course. Details of the range of qualifications and test accepted can be found at https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/study-with-us/pg-studies/apply/english-language/.
International applicants can apply for postgraduate study before they have taken an English language test or received the results of a relevant qualification. If you do this, and the University decides to make you an offer for a place to study with us, then the submission of relevant additional documents to demonstrate your English language proficiency at the required level, will be a condition of the offer made to you.
- Applicants for postgraduate research courses (PhD, MPhil and DProf) are required to provide a research proposal, or details of a published project for which they wish to apply.
- Further supplementary documents. Applicants for courses in the School of Art and the Department of English and Creative Writing are required to provide a portfolio of examples of previous work for consideration.