Tuition Fee Deposits for International Applicants
Most international applicants are required to pay a Tuition Fee Deposit in order to complete the admissions process and secure a place on one of our programmes (exceptions are made where an applicant has a scholarship or funding in place to cover the cost of their tuition). This is to demonstrate your commitment to studying at Aberystwyth University, giving us confidence to issue you with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), which you will need to apply for your Student visa. Where a deposit is required, details will be given in your offer letter. Deposits paid will form part of your tuition fee payments and will be deducted from your tuition fee balance.
Applicants can pay the tuition fee deposit directly to Aberystwyth University via International Deposit Payments.
All deposits are subject to anti-money laundering law in the UK, and to a 14-day cooling-off period. After the 14-day cooling-off period, all deposits are non-refundable unless they meet the specific terms of our International Deposit Refund Policy.
Once you have registered with the University, and officially become an Aberystwyth University student, the Finance Office will offset the deposit payment against your annual tuition fee amount.
CAS - Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies Statement
International applicants who need to obtain a Student Route visa will be emailed their Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) statement after the deposit has been paid and all academic and non-academic conditions of the offer have been satisfied. The CAS statement will include the amount of deposit paid and the tuition fees remaining to be paid.
You are not required to pay a deposit in the following circumstances:
- it is not stipulated in your offer letter
- you are in receipt of a full scholarship or funding (entire cost of tuition fees plus living costs) from a recognised sponsor or funding body
- you are in receipt of a bank, student, government or US Federal loan covering the entire cost of your tuition fees
- you are a current Aberystwyth University undergraduate student, studying on a full degree programme, and progressing to postgraduate study
You may be asked to provide documentary evidence to exempt you from paying a deposit.
Deposit payment deadline
- Details of the deposit deadline will be included in your offer letter.
- In addition to the payment of the deposit, you will also be required to meet all of the conditions of your offer and have submitted copies of any documents we have requested, in order to enrol on your chosen programme.
- Your offer may be withdrawn if the deposit is not paid by the deadline specified in your offer letter.
- It may be possible to retain your place even if you miss the deposit payment deadline. However, we are not obliged to honour the place for offer holders who fail to meet the deposit deadline.
Tuition fee deposits may be deferred along with the place of study up to a year from the initial start date.
For courses lasting more than one academic year, please note that tuition fees change annually. See Postgraduate Tuition Fees for up to date information.