We want Aber students to love student life and be ready for anything.
Led by students and supported by a team of staff, Aber Students’ Union works to ensure that Aber students have an epic student journey, are happy, healthy and empowered, with lasting friendships and promising futures.
As a Students’ Union we are committed to:
- Preparing students for their next adventure
- Always giving students the last word
- Helping students to be as happy and healthy as possible
- Growing together with students as an Aber family
These promises are fulfilled by providing students with a range of benefits and opportunities to get involved in, including:
- Helping students to meet new people, make friends and build communities
- 130 student Sport Clubs and Societies - including a PG Students Association, academic societies and a chance to start your own group
- Supporting, training and working with over 300 Academic Reps to have a positive impact for students at course level
- Free, impartial, friendly and confidential advice
- A representative voice for all Aberystwyth University students
- Opportunities for students to campaign on the issues they care about
- Spaces to study, meet and socialise
The Union team also offer independent support and representation, whether academic, welfare or financial, for students who find they may need a little extra support while at University. Visit the Students' Union website to find out more or click the links below to navigate to different parts of the Students' Union website for further information.
The Union welcomes all new students with Freshers’ Week activities and events. Find out what’s on.
We organise many social events throughout the year. See which ones you want to attend.
Clubs & Societies
Team Aber. Find out how to take part in Clubs and Societies and also our Volunteering opportunities.
We have great facilities at the Union. Find out more about our bars, shop and eating outlets.