Data Protection and Privacy Statement
The University complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and with other related UK data protection legislation.
The University collects, processes, records and shares internally the personal information of Council, Senate and Committee Members for administrative purposes, including for:
- Corresponding with Members;
- Providing Members with access to the University’s facilities and resources, including providing remote access to essential information to enable Members to fulfil their duties;
- Maintaining a record of Council, Senate and Committee Membership, decisions, and related declarations, and where appropriate making this information available publicly;
- Registering of Members with, and / or statutory reporting to, external bodies as required; and
- Reimbursing of out-of-pocket expenses incurred by Members.
For more information about Rights and Choices see: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/infocompliance/dp/data-subject-rights/.