Non University Personal Data

Data held by members of staff and students which cannot be regarded as ‘under the control’ of the University – e.g. records for societies, for consultancies or editorial material for journals etc – must be registered by the individual or society or other body concerned. In such a case the University acts only as a data processor processing data for a third party.

Where the individuals or bodies concerned have notified the Information Commissioner separately, they will be responsible for administering requests for subject access.