Welcome to the Department of Information Studies (DIS).
The Department has over 50 years’ experience in offering education and training for the information profession, including 30 years’ experience in distance learning. We offer a range of courses including
- Cultural Heritage Studies: Libraries, Archives, and Museums
- Information and Library Studies
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Archives and Records Management
- Digital Preservation
- Digital Information and Media Management.
There are a range of study options including:
- Undergraduate degrees, Master’s and PhDs
- Distance learning degrees. You can study for a professional qualification while in the workplace (over 2-5 years)
- Online short courses for Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of our postgraduate degrees are professionally accredited by the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP) and/or the Archives and Records Association UK and Ireland (ARA). This means that you can have confidence in receiving excellent teaching, top academic support, and a professionally accredited qualification at the end of your studies.
Staff expertise is complemented through close professional links both locally and nationally. Contributions to teaching, practical work and research projects are made by the National Library of Wales, local record offices, the University’s library services, and national memory organisations such as the British Library, as well as fellow members of the Digital Preservation Coalition.
I look forward to welcoming you to our Department in the future.
Dr Anoush Simon
Head of Department