Services available to Lifelong Learning students
Student Services provide a wide range of services to assist all learners at Aberystwyth University.
Where appropriate the Student Services staff either hold professional qualifications and/or are registered or accredited with their professional body or professional association.
Student Services aim to provide all students with an experience of the highest quality, and to make our academic facilities available to all who meet our entrance requirements.
For disabled students, those with long standing physical/mental health conditions or a specific learning difference, Student Services aim for an inclusive curriculum accessible to all.
Student Services can offer you advice on adjustments, alternative assessments and enabling technology so that you can reach your full potential and get the good results you deserve.
If you would like further information about Student Services provision for students with disabilities or have specific questions, please email email@example.com or phone (01970) 621761 or 622087.
Advice and Money
The Student Advice, Information and Money Service provides information, advice, support and referral on a wide range of issues. For example, they can:
- Provide a listening ear on any worry or concern and signpost you to specialist services both within the University or elsewhere
- Help you complete application forms for a range of student funding
- Provide you with information about University rules and regulations including academic regulations or harassment.
- Advise you on withdrawal or change of course
- Advise you on what to do if unforeseen circumstances affect your studies
If you are unsure about where to go for advice or assistance please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (01970) 621761 or 622087. No issue is too big or too small. Their service is confidential, non-judgemental and free of charge.
The Student Wellbeing Service understands the importance of maintaining a healthy wellbeing to enable students to thrive in their time here at Aberystwyth University and beyond. We are here to help any student with any wellbeing issue, whether it is an issue about friendship, bereavement, anxiety or workload stress, mild to moderate or severe and enduring mental health issues. To discuss further e-mail: email@example.com or Phone: 01970 621761 / 622087.
The Careers Service provides an excellent and supportive service which empowers individual students and graduates to realise their aspirations, make informed life choices and achieve their potential.
The Careers Service experienced and professionally qualified staff will help you:
- identify and source useful work experience options
- recognise the skills your course gives you that are valuable to employers
- plan your possible future career path(s)
- support you as you make applications to employers
- assess whether PG study will suit you and help progress your career
- understand how to set up your own business and begin planning
- link with employers, alumni and professional bodies to progress your career plans
More information : Careers
Get in touch with Careers: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University Library has extensive online learning resources, and provides a range of services to students. See Lifelong Learning Students: Information Services and Library
Subject Librarians provide information skills training and in-depth subject support for students and staff, and liaise with academic departments regarding their library and information needs.
You can email, phone or book an appointment with your Subject Librarian for help and advice on using the libraries, finding materials for assignments, referencing and more!
Contact us be Email: email@example.com or phone: Tel: 01970 621896 .
AberSkills is a centralised hub of handy and useful information to support your academic, study and professional skills all conveniently organised in one place.
It can help you to
- Improve your writing for assignments
- Refresh your maths skills
- Develop the academic, study and professional skills you need for your studies and beyond
- Understand referencing and plagiarism awareness
- Access your Library, careers and wellbeing advice
- Boost your employability...and much more!
More information: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/aberskills/