Supporting documents needed to apply for a Tier 4 visa - inside the UK

To apply for your Student visa you will need the following documents:

1.  Your CAS number 

Continuing students will need to request a new CAS from the University.

To get your new CAS you must:

  • complete a 'CAS Extension Request Form' obtained by emailing the International Student Adviser on
  • be progressing on your course
  • paid any outstanding fees

2.  The transcripts/qualification certificates listed in the CAS email (if applicable)

For your Student visa application, you will need to submit your transcripts/exam certificates showing that you have satisfied the progression requirements for your course at Aberystwyth University.  These certificates/transcripts will be listed in the CAS email.

3.  Finances – evidence of funds to meet the UKVI maintenance requirements

You need to show that you have a specific amount of money to cover your tuition fees and living costs in order to get a Student visa.

You can only use financial evidence that is acceptable to the Home Office.

If you do not prepare financial evidence that meets Home Office requirements, your Student visa application will be refused.

4.  ATAS Certificate (if applicable)

If your course requires an ATAS certificate, it will state this in your CAS email from Aberystwyth University. Check the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website for a list of courses, which are identified as ATAS applicable:

6.  Valid passport 

Please check that your passport is not about to expire.

7.  Consent letter if you are under 18. 

Students under the age of 18 will need to demonstrate that they have received consent from their parents/legal guardians to travel to the UK and study at Aberystwyth University.  To meet this requirement the following documents will need to be submitted with your visa application:

Important - Translations

If any of the documents you are submitting are not in English, you must also include a fully certified translation by a professional translator. This includes any references, qualifications, transcripts and bank statements or letters. This translation must include the following:

  • confirmation by the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
  • the date of the translation
  • the translator’s full name and signature
  • the translator’s contact details
  • the translator’s qualifications

For more details on how to find a translator see: