Results Day and Clearing
The day is finally here when you collect your exam results.
A mixture of excitement and nerves in equal measure.
Big congratulations if you get the results you wanted and if you don’t, there’s no need to panic, as there are still plenty of options available to you through Clearing.
Results Day to Clearing:
- Log on to UCAS Track to check the status of your Firm and Insurance choices
- If you’ve been accepted, then there’s nothing you need to do, as your chosen university will be in touch
- If you’ve been declined from both choices – don’t worry – as you will be automatically transferred into Clearing
- When in Clearing, first, make sure your details are up-to-date
- You can then start to contact other universities to see if they have places available – ideally, having a shortlist in advance will help at this stage
- Check university websites and the UCAS website for course availability
- Call universities directly as this is the quickest way to find out information and, if eligible, receive a verbal offer
- Following a verbal offer, you will then receive additional information for the university on the next steps, including updating your choices in UCAS Track.
If you receive higher grades than expected, you may be eligible to explore other universities with higher entry requirements – while retaining your existing confirmed place