Welcome to Information Services (IS) - Learn Welsh Students
Information Services provide IT and library services to registered students at Aberystwyth University, subject to Regulations and Guidelines.
To make use of our facilities you will need an Aberystwyth University IT account and an Aber Card.
Students who have registered on a Learn Welsh course via the NCLW national online registration system, paid their course fee and started attending classes can apply for access to Information Services by contacting the Learn Welsh office at firstname.lastname@example.org. This request must come from the email address you used on the national online system to register on the course.
Please note: Access to facilities is provided only while you are registered on the course. Under the terms of the NCLW scheme, an absence of 4 consecutive weeks will be taken as withdrawal from the course, your registration will be ended and your IT account/Aber card ended.
Your IT account gives you access to:
- University email and file storage
- computing facilities on campus
- connect your own devices to the University network
- electronic information sources e.g. ebooks, ejournals
- Aberlearn Blackboard, the University virtual learning environment
- your library account to manage your loans
- ApAber - free from your App Store
You will be able activate your University IT account online and will be emailed when it is ready for you.
Your Aber Card is used:
- as your student id
- to purchase food in University hospitality outlets
- for library borrowing, including the use of self-issue machines
- to access the library out of core hours (to enter and exit)
- for printing, photocopying and scanning
- as your Sports Centre card
Once you have activated your IT account you can apply for your Aber Card online.
Aber Cards must be collected from the Hugh Owen Library; it is not possible for us to post these to you.