Welcome to Information Services (IS) - Emeritus/Honorary Staff
Information Services provide IT and library services to staff and students at Aberystwyth University, subject to Regulations and Guidelines.
To make use of our facilities you will need an Aberystwyth University IT account and an Aber Card.
Your IT account gives you access to:
You will be able activate your University IT account online shortly before your start date and you will be emailed with instructions for doing this as soon as your account is ready.
Your Aber Card is used:
- for library borrowing, including the use of self-issue machines
- for access to University buildings, including 24-hour computer rooms and the library out of core hours
- for printing, photocopying and scanning
- to purchase food in University hospitality outlets
- as your Sports Centre card
Once you have activated your IT account you should apply for your Aber card online so that it is ready for you when you arrive on campus.