You can access the software available in the computer rooms using our remote desktop facility: https://faqs.aber.ac.uk/2968
Information Services provide computers and printing facilities for registered users of Aberystwyth University.
Computer rooms are available at locations across the University campus as follows:
|Building||Room||No of Computers||Other equipment||Availability|
|Llandinam (SY23 3DB)||B23||50||Printing/Copying/Scanning
|Llandinam (SY23 3DB)||Think Tank||4||Printing/Copying/Scanning|
|Llandinam (SY23 3DB)||Postgraduate Centre||6||Printing/Copying/Scanning||Access for postgraduate students only|
|Hugh Owen Library (SY23 3DZ)||Level D||7||
08.30-22.00 Monday - Sunday
|Hugh Owen Library (SY23 3DZ)||Level E Main floor||4||08.30-22.00 Monday - Sunday|
|Hugh Owen Library (SY23 3DZ)||EL6||19||
|08.30-22.00 Monday - Sunday|
|Hugh Owen Libray (SY23 3DZ)||Training Room - Level E||6||08.30-22.00 Monday - Sunday|
|Hugh Owen Library (SY23 3DZ)||Iris De Freitas||14||
|Access by pre-booked appointment only|
|Hugh Owen Library (SY23 3DZ)||Level F main floor||27||
|08.30-22.00 Monday - Sunday|
|Hugh Owen Library (SY23 3DZ)||Level F - Tom Lloyd Room||08.30-22.00 Monday - Sunday|
|Hugh Owen Building (SY23 3DY)||C66||7||CLOSED|
|Cledwyn (SY23 3DD)||G24||5||
|IBERS (SY23 3DA)||0.32||22||CLOSED|
|Physical Sciences Library (SY23 3BZ)||4||Printing/Copying/Scanning||8.30 - 17.30|
|Physical Sciences Building (SY23 3BZ)||1.49||12||Teaching facilities||CLOSED|
|Visualisation Building (SY23 3BF)||Entrance Lobby||3||
|Building||Room||No of computers||Other equipment||Availability|
|Pentre Jane Morgan (SY23 3TE)||Workstation Room||20||Printing/Copying/Scanning
|Rosser (SY23 3LH)||Lounge||9||Printing/Copying/Scanning
|Pantycelyn (SY23 3BX)||Quiet Study Room 1||1||Printing/Copying/Scanning||Access by pre-booked appointment only|
|Pantycelyn (SY23 3BX)||Quiet Study Room 2||1||Access by pre-booked appointment only|
|Penglais Farm (SY23 3FH)||Y Sgubor||Printing/Copying/Scanning||10:00-21:00 daily|
To protect yourself and others we ask that:
- You sanitise your hands on entering, and regularly while using, the library.
- You wipe work surfaces, keyboards, mice, printers etc before and after use.
- You only sit at designated workspaces
- You observe the 2 metre social distancing rule or work in groups of 6 or less (group study rooms only)
- You use your own Aber Card to swipe to enter and exit the library.
- You wear a face coverings at all times, unless exempt.
- You do not come to the library if you are unwell. The main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- new continuous cough;
- high temperature;
- loss of or change to your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia).
We will ensure
- The numbers of users in the library at any one time are strictly limited.
- Staff working in the library are following recommended hygiene practises.
- Regular cleaning is carried out.
- There are hand sanitising stations at the entrance and throughout the building.