Welcome to Information Services (IS) - Lifelong Learning Students
Information Services provide IT and library services to registered students at Aberystwyth University, subject to Regulations and Guidelines.
To make use of our facilities you will need an Aberystwyth University IT account and an Aber Card.
Your IT account gives you access to:
- University email and file storage
- computing facilities on campus
- connect your own devices to the University network
- information on your subject of study
- Blackboard, the University virtual learning environment
- your library account to manage your loans
- publish webpages on the University's server
- ApAber - free from your App Store
You will be able activate your University IT account shortly before your course begins. You will need your student number which can be obtained from the Lifelong Learning General Office.
Your Aber Card is used:
- as your student ID
- to purchase food in University hospitality outlets
- for library borrowing, including the use of self-issue machines
- to access the library out of core hours (to enter and exit)
- for printing, photocopying and scanning
- as your Sports Centre card
Once you have activated your IT account you should apply for your Aber Card online so that it is ready for you when you arrive on campus
Lifelong Learning Students
Primo (electronic resources)
- Information Services subscribes to a wide range of online information sources including e-journals and e-books which are also available off-campus. These are available via Primo http://primo.aber.ac.uk
- Instructions for accessing these resources off-campus can be found in our accessing e-resources off-campus FAQ
- Primo - the Library catalogue, is available on and off campus at: http://primo.aber.ac.uk
- You will need to log on with your computing/email username and password to access your library account so that you can view your loans and request books.
- Information on using the University's libraries and borrowing from our collections can be found on our Library webpages
- Find specific advice on using our resources in the Lifelong Learning LibGuide.
- In addition to making use of the University libraries you can also access library resources in other libraries.