Welcome to Information Services (IS) - Summer University Students
Information Services provides IT and library services to registered students at Aberystwyth University, subject to Information Services Regulations and Guidelines.
To make use of our facilities you will need an Aberystwyth University IT account and an Aber Card.
Your IT account gives you access to:
You will be able activate your University IT account online shortly before your course begins and you will be emailed with instructions for doing this as soon as your account is ready.
Your Aber Card is used:
- as your student id
- to access the Cwrt Mawr Hub
- for library borrowing, including the use of self-issue machines
- for printing, photocopying and scanning
Once you have activated your IT account you should apply for your Aber Card online so that it is ready for you when you arrive on campus.
- Aberystwyth University subscribes to The Cloud wireless service.
- Summer University Students can connect to The Cloud:
- Select the The Cloud from the list of available wireless networks.
- Once connected open your web browser and refresh the page.
- The Cloud's log in page will appear
- Select Get Online or register now
- Choose Free Cloud WiFi
- If you have registered to use The Cloud previously please enter your email address and password
- If you haven't registered to use The Cloud before click on Create an Account
- Once logged in you can access the internet.
- You can find help with using this service on The Cloud's FAQ pages
- This service is available throughout all University teaching and administrative buildings and halls of residence (during the University vacations only).