Can International Students study part-time?

Part-time study for a Taught Masters degree is not possible for non-EEA students who require visas. UK Visa Immigration does not allow the University to issue Certificates of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) to part-time students. This applies even if a student commenced their programme as a full-time student and subsequently wanted to change to part-time study. The University will inform UK Visa Immigration of any such breaches to the conditions of a student's visa.

Overseas applicants are able to study research courses part-time and are expected to attend the University for the equivalent of 1 week in every academic year.  The student is advised to agree a schedule of attendance with their supervisor and the relevant Head of Department.