Residential study schools
The first residential study school provides an overview of the course and introduces you to the first core modules that you will study. You will also be offered SKIP Programme study skills sessions designed to support you as you make the transition into studying at a higher level. We look at a range of assignments relevant to the Social Sciences to give you a better idea of what is expected of you.
We believe that residential study schools increase the chances of you successfully completing your course. Students have told us that they find them motivating and helpful in starting and sustaining their studies.
Residential study schools allow you to:
- start your studies confidently and study more effectively
- meet with fellow students and especially your intake group
- meet staff including your program team, and your personal tutor who will support your studies when away from Aberystwyth
- learn more about the core modules from the staff who teach them
- learn about specialist services for distance learners provided by Aberystwyth University’s Information Services and the Hugh Owen library
- experience hands-on sessions about the systems that you will be using to study at a distance
- ask all those questions about your course (and get some answers!) in person
See what our students think about study school
If you have never visited this area of Wales before, you may like to look at these pages:
- Ceredigion Tourist Information
- Aber info - lots of info about Aber as well as links to accommodation and restaurants around the town
- International Students and Aberystwyth - a page maintained by the University
See Travelling to Aberystwyth for more information.