Information Services provide IT and library services to registered users at Aberystwyth University, subject to Information Services Regulations and Guidelines.
To make use of our facilities you will need an Aberystwyth University IT account and an Aber Card.
Your IT account gives you access to:
- University email and file storage
- your student record
- connect your own devices to the University network
- computing facilities on campus
- information on your subject of study
- Blackboard, the University virtual learning environment
- your library account to manage your loans
- software free to you under the University license
- ApAber - free from your App Store
You will be able activate your University IT account online and you will be emailed with instructions for doing this as soon as your account is ready.
Your Aber Card is used:
- as your student id
- to register your attendance at lectures
- as the door key to your study bedroom - depending which Halls of Residence you are in
- to purchase food in University hospitality outlets; if you are in catered residences it will be credited before you arrive
- for library borrowing, including the use of self-issue machines
- to access 24-hour computer rooms
- to access the library out of core hours (to enter and exit)
- for printing, photocopying and scanning
- as your Student Union card
- as your Sports Centre card
Once you have activated your IT account you should apply for your Aber card online so that it is ready for you when you arrive on campus.
Essential Library and IT Guide for new students
To find out more about Library and IT facilities please a look at our essential Library and IT guide for new students