Degree Boosters for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
The Lifelong Learning Department at Aberystwyth University offers you unique learning opportunities, which can boost your degree and help you stand out from the crowd.
What is Lifelong Learning?
Lifelong Learning offers short, higher education accredited modules in a wide variety of subjects, including Art and Design, Creative Writing, Ecology, Archaeology, Genealogy, History, Natural History Studies, Languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish) and Professional Development.
What can we do for you?
Alongside your degree programme, you can take one module with us per term. This is included in your fees, so there is no additional cost to you.
What are the benefits?
- You can personalise your CV and leave university with a toolbox of new skills.
- You can learn for the fun of it! Pursue a subject you are passionate about or try something new.
- You can meet and socialise with a diverse range of people.
How are our modules delivered?
Our modules are delivered either online or face-to-face.
Most of our online modules are self-paced. These courses are delivered via the Online Learning Environment: Blackboard. We also use Microsoft Teams or Zoom to deliver the live elements of these online courses.
Language courses are online or face-to-face, and all the classes are live.
Our face-to-face teaching sessions are usually scheduled for the evening.
Some of our modules are run as weekend intensive courses at other venues in Wales.
How to enrol on your course
- Find a Course
- Note the course title
- Visit the Lifelong Learning Online Shop (even if the course is available for free you still need to book your course via the online shop in order to secure a place.)
- In the search box on the left-hand side of the screen begin searching for your course title and when the title appears below click on it.
- If this course is available for free there will be no fee next to the student Book Course button.
- Click the Book Course button and this will take you to the final screen where you can checkout. The fee will be listed as £0.
- Once you have secured a place for your course via the online shop, the office will then confirm your enrolment and send you further details about your course.