£1,000 a year
We are pleased to offer five Sports Scholarships each year for new Aberystwyth University students excelling in one of our key focus sports.
As part of our commitment to supporting highly-accomplished athletes to achieve a balance between sport and study, we have identified some key ‘focus sports’ where we are able to offer particular expertise. Having developed a number of exciting partnerships with experts in their field, we can enable students to access specialist coach education and top-class facilities for these sports within close proximity to Aberystwyth.
|Sport||Football||Mountain Biking||Netball||Rugby||Wild Card|
|Details||Aberystwyth University are in talks with
Aberystwyth Town Football Club about a range of initiatives and benefits to help students develop and engage with football in the community.
Aberystwyth University are in talks with Dyfi Bike Park regarding a partnership for students who can seriously bike! Mentoring and access to the Bike Park are some of the exciting benefits being discussed.
We have linked up with Urdd Sports to offer coach education courses, hands-on experience, and coach/player development.
Aberystwyth University has links with Scarlets Rugby Club, leading to opportunities for collaboration and advice on strength and conditioning programmes.
|If there is another sport you participate in to a particularly high quality, and there is scope to support your progress at the University, you can apply for our Wild Card option.|
Award holders receive a package of additional benefits including:
- Free Platinum membership of the University Sports Centre
- Guaranteed accommodation in a University property for the duration of the course
- Priority access to strength and conditional areas of the gym at specified times
- Tailored programme support from the key partners, where available
- Access to Students’ Union Coach Education Grant (60% funding towards furthering personal development for a sport specific qualification e.g. coaching, refereeing, first aid etc.)
- Education support workshops on recovery, nutrition and testing, provided by our Sport & Exercise team
- Mentoring support to assist with the dual career of study and sport
Sports Scholarships are open to Undergraduate and Postgraduate applicants to full-time courses at the University (current students are ineligible to apply). Applicants may be invited to attend an interview to discuss their application further and must provide a reference to support their application. Award holders are required to represent the University in their chosen sport and provide regular updates on sporting performance and achievements.
How can I apply?
- Complete and submit the online Application Form, including a reference, by 30 June in your year of application to the University.
- Terms and Conditions
*Please note: the Sports Scholarship competition is only open to new applicants to the University, current students are ineligible to apply.