International Accommodation Scholarship
International Accommodation Scholarship for International Students
We are delighted to provide our international students* with the International Accommodation Scholarship, meaning the cost of your housing is included in your tuition fees.
The University has several different accommodation buildings. The Scholarship is different depending on which building you choose but is either totally free or discounted by £2,000.
The following table is for the 2021/22 academic year:
|Residence||Weeks||Usual Annual Cost||Discounted Annual Cost|
|Cwrt Mawr (Price Band 1)||39||£3,721||Free|
|Cwrt Mawr (Price Band 2)||39||£3,331||Free|
|Fferm Penglais (en-suite)||40||£5,575||£3,575|
|Fferm Penglais (studio)||40||£5,863||£3,863|
|Pentre Jane Morgan||39||£4,120||£2,120|
|Rosser G (en-suite) Postgraduate||50||£6,360||£4,360|
The International Accommodation Scholarship is only applicable if you choose to live in university-managed accommodation.
How it works
When you make an application to study at Aberystwyth University, you will be given access to the Accommodation Portal, which opens in April.
You will be offered the International Accommodation Scholarship for Cwrt Mawr. If Cwrt Mawr is where you want to live, you should accept this offer. If you would prefer to live in a different, you should reject the offer and select where you would prefer to live. A £2,000 discount on the cost of the accommodation will then be applied.
If space in Cwrt Mawr is no longer available you will be offered a room in similar residences such as Trefloyne or Pentre Jane Morgan.
If you initially move into Cwrt Mawr, but later decide to move to a different university-managed building, then the £2,000 discount will be applied to the cost of the new accommodation on a pro-rata basis (at a nightly rate, minus any time lived in Cwrt Mawr). Moving accommodation is subject to availability and requires you to complete a Transfer Request.
If you receive a Scholarship or tuition fee discount of more than 10% of your annual tuition fees, after securing your accommodation, you will no longer be eligible for the Inclusive Accommodation Offer and the offer will be withdrawn. This means you will need to pay for the normal accommodation fee for the building you have chosen.
Terms and conditions
- Students will be eligible for this offer for the entire length of their course, provided they remain full-time and full fee-paying. All normal regulations concerning accommodation licences and application deadlines apply.
- Students who have been awarded one of the following are not eligible to receive the inclusive accommodation offer:
- Students in receipt of a tuition fee which is more than 10% of the full cost (excluding the Aber Grad Scholarship);
- Aberystwyth International Excellence Scholarship – undergraduate or postgraduate;
- Aber Doc and Aber President Scholarships;
- Students whose tuition fees are fully-funded or have government full tuition fee sponsorship (including Chevening and Commonwealth Scholarships);
- Brickfields Asia College Merit Scholarships and Hardship Scholarships;
- HELP University Merit Scholarships and Hardship Scholarships;
- Students on exchange programmes;
- International English Centre students who are already in receipt of a discount.
- No discounts can be provided for accommodation which is not managed by the University.
- All normal regulations concerning accommodation licenses and application deadlines apply.
*students must meet the terms and conditions to be eligible for the offer.