Transfer Requests


The Transfer Application Process will open at 10am on Monday 9th October.  This is a free service so there is no transfer fee, however, accommodation fees may change dependant on the type of accommodation you are transferring to.  Please refer to our Accommodation Fees webpage





Transfer details

If you wish to transfer into other University Accommodation, you are required to complete a transfer request form. This should be completed and submitted, in person, to the Accommodation Office located in Y Sgubor, Fferm Penglais.

Completion of a transfer form does not guarantee that a transfer will take place and any request has to be first considered by the Accommodation Office. Completed transfer forms will be processed in date and time order that they are received, however priorities may be given in extenuating circumstances. A transfer is then dependent upon suitable vacancies being available in your chosen residence, therefore there are no time scales available on how long your transfer may take.

How to request a transfer:

  1. Download a Transfer Request Form or collect one from the Accommodation Office.
  2. Attach any supporting documentation i.e. letter from doctor, personal tutor etc to the Transfer Request Form.
  3. Return your completed form to the Accommodation Office in person. Please note that we will not accept forms sent electronically.
  4. If a suitable vacancy is available, the Accommodation Office will contact you by email. Please therefore check your Aberystwyth University email account regularly.

Receiving your transfer offer

Step 1 - New Offer

Transferring to a different residence - Receive a new offer of accommodation to your Aber e-mail account


Transferring to a new room in the same residence - Receive a new offer of accommodation to your Aber e-mail account

Step 2 - Accept your offer

Transferring to a different residence - Accept your new offer and complete your new Accommodation Occupation Contract – you won’t need to pay the acceptance fee again


Transferring to a new room in the same residence - You are not required to complete a new Accommodation Occupation Contract as the terms and conditions of your existing licence still apply. You can view your licence pack by logging into the Accommodation Portal.

Step 3 - Collect your key

Transferring to a different residence - Collect your new room key


Transferring to a new room in the same residence - Accept your new offer by collecting your new room key

Step 4 - Return your key

Transferring to a different residence - Return your old room key on the same day


Transferring to a new room in the same residence - Return your old room key on the same day

Important information

  1. As soon as you receive an e-mail from the Accommodation Office offering you an alternative room, you have 48 hours to accept this offer. Failure to confirm this offer within this time will result in the Accommodation Office withdrawing the offer of transfer and you will no longer be considered for a transfer. Should you still wish to transfer accommodation you will need to re-apply.
  2. Please note that moves can only take place between Monday and Thursday 8:30am - 5:00pm and Fridays 8:30am - 4:30pm.
  3. When you vacate your current room you must clean the room to a satisfactory standard or you may be subject to additional cleaning charges. An inspection will be carried out, following your departure, to ensure that the room you are moving from has been left clean and not been subject to any damage. If damage/cleanliness charges apply you will be sent an invoice for the amount.
  4. Failure to hand in the room key for your old room (5:00pm Monday - Thursday or 4.30pm Friday) on the day you move will result in you being charged the nightly rate for both rooms. Please refer to our Accommodation Fees for further information.
  5. Non return of your old room key will result in a charge of £30 per key.
  6. If you no longer require a transfer please notify the Accommodation Office at the earliest opportunity.
  7. Please contact Student Support Services if you wish to discuss any pastoral or welfare issues with them prior to completing the Transfer Request Form.