|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Lecture||1 x 1 hr lecture/briefing per week|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Essay: Two essays of 5,000 words each, one per semester, or one essay of 10,000 words, as directed by the scheme co-ordinator||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Resubmission of the literature project||100%|
On completion of this module, students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate the skills necessary to research literature on a particular topic.
2. Identify relevant issues.
3. Critically discuss evidence.
4. Produce coherent, fully referenced essays.
5. Develop a critical, evaluative and analytical approach towards a body of literature.
This literature review(s) will develop students' ability to work independently.
.2 IT and information handling
It is expected that the essay(s) will be word processed.
.4 Writing in an academic context
This skill is an integral feature of the literature reviews, and students will be assessed on this ability.
.7 Self management
Students will be expected to manage their own time in order to meet submission deadlines.
Quinn G P and Keough M J (2002) Experimental design and data analysis for biologists Cambridge University Press Primo search The Oxford English Dictionary
This module is at CQFW Level 6