|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Other||Workshops 20 x 1.5 hrs|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Each unit will be assessed by an essay written in class (hourand a half) with the questions given out one week in advance. Each essay will be worth 25%|
On completion of this modules students should:
- Be confident in expressing ideas about art and visual culture, orally and in writing
- Be able to use the resources in the library effectively
- Be confident about group working and sharing and exchanging ideas.
- Have an in depth understanding of selected topics in art history or theory.
- Examine specific periods or themes in art hsitory or visual culture in some depth. Topics are drawn from the folowing areas: Modernism and the domestic, German art int eh Weimar period, the Self Portrait, florence in the 15th Century, Camera Culture, Visual Culture of Religion and Science Fiction, Print and Conflict, Shakespeare Illustration.
- Put into practice basic principles of art history and art history and visual culture being discussed in AH10120 and apply them to sepcific topics.
- Develop an active and participatory learning environment to equip student with the social and academic skills to engage in informed discussion.
- Encourage a thoughtful, informed and orderly articulation of ideas in written work.
This module is at CQFW Level 4