|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Other||Field Work. 8 days|
|Practical||15 Hours. Laboratory.|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Supplementary Assessment||Resubmission of failed elements.||100%|
On succesful completion of the module, students should :-
- be technically proficient in the field
- be able to classify soils and ecotypes
- be able to undertake a basic field survey
- be aware of the logistics involved in undertaking different types of fieldwork operations.
- demonstrate an ability to analyse data and present results of original field measurements in a technically-sound report.
- have increased ability to observe critically, and contrast with the UK, foreign physical and people/place attributes.
To foster skills of i) observation and analysis in the field, ii) bibliographic research and iii) succinct presentation of results.
The results of fieldwork analyses are written up and presented in seminars.
Wider issues are tackled by student in depth library research on set topics. Students typically select 1 topic from about 12 and can consult staff in the appropriate field regarding the initial bibliography.
This module is at CQFW Level 6