|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Lecture||18 Hours. 18 lectures x 1 hour|
|Other||6 Hours. Videos, serving as a useful aid in delineating key issues and outlining core skills.|
|Seminars / Tutorials||1 Hours.|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||essay 2,500 words||50%|
|Semester Assessment||report 2,500 words||50%|
At the end of this module, students should be able to:
- describe the role of a manager;
- explain and analyse the internal and external environments in which they operate;
- profitably and productively manage their environment through the integrated planning of human, information, technology and financial resources;
- get things done through people interaction skills;
- manage themselves and others as individuals;
- assess change and risk, and manage accordingly;
- evaluate thequality and performance of their services.
Each teaching/learning session considers the topic in a manner which reflects modern management trends in dynamic and changing environments. Relevant examples in information services are then applied to the topic concerned. As services and service provision vary widely in both function and customer base, we use a generic approach.
to show students how to manage services to meet the business needs of the organisation.
This module is at CQFW Level 7