|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Lecture||3 x 1 hour lectures per week|
|Other||4 x 3 hour visits during semester|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Assignment Outcomes assessed: 1, 2, 3, 4||50%|
|Semester Exam||1.5 Hours Outcomes assessed: 1, 2, 3, 4||50%|
|Supplementary Assessment||1.5 Hours Examination||100%|
On completion of this module students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of geological processes.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of geomorphological processes.
3. Describe the changing nature of climatic and environmental conditions of an area over time.
4. Describe and understand the historical development of a given landscape and its relationship to economic, social and cultural change.
- To develop an understanding of the geological and geomorphological processes that have shaped the British landscape.
- To develop an understanding of the ways in which man has changed the landscape over time.
- To develop an appreciation of the ways in which the landscape has changed over time and the forces behind the change.
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Communication||Written work for the assignment|
|Improving own Learning and Performance||Students will have to manage their own time in developing their assignment|
|Information Technology||Students may use the internet as a resource to help them with their assignment|
Reading ListGeneral Text
(2000.) The English rural landscape /edited by Joan Thirsk. Oxford University Press Primo search (2003.) The archaeology of the Welsh Uplands /edited by David Browne &amp; Stephen Hughes. Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales Primo search Goudie, A (1990) The landforms of England and Wales Blackwell Primo search Press, Frank. (2004.) Understanding earth /Frank Press ... [et al.]. 4th ed. W.H. Freeman Primo search Rackham, Oliver. (1997.) The illustrated history of the countryside /with commissioned photographs by Tom Mackie. Phoenix Primo search Skinner B J & Porter S (1995) The Dynamic Earth Wiley Primo search Toghill, Peter. (2000 (various p) The Geology of Britain :an introduction /Peter Toghill. Airlife Primo search
This module is at CQFW Level 4