|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Lecture||In Semester 1, there will be 1 x 2 hour lecture per week, and in Semester 2, there will be 1 x 1 hour lecture per week|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Spreadsheet Outcomes assessed: 2, 5||5%|
|Semester Assessment||Investment appraisal Outcomes assessed: 4, 6||30%|
|Semester Assessment||Business planning Case Study Outcomes assessed: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6||65%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Case study, covering all outcomes||100%|
On completion of this module students will be able to :
1. Understand the requirements of planning equestrian businesses.
2. Construct (fully) detailed business plans (including financial statements).
3. Understand and appreciate the effects of different trading structures.
4. Appreciate informational requirements of financial institutions in lending assessments.
5. Appreciate the different techniques and resources available for planning.
6. Understand and evaluate investment decisions.
Completion of the investment appraisal and case study
.2 IT and information handling
Use of spreadsheet and word processing packages
.4 Writing in an academic context
Production of case study.
Bacon I R and O'Regan T (1999) Equine business guide 3rd Welsh Institute of Rural Studies, Aberystwyth Primo search Dale B and Cooper C (1992) Total quality and human resources Blackwell Primo search Hardmans J P (2000) Hardmans tax rates and tables CCH Publications Primo search MacDonald J W (1988) Running a stables as a business J A Allen Primo search Paice D A (1982) Critical path analysis basic techniques Longman Primo search (1992) Croner's Farm Business Management Croner Publications, London Primo search
This module is at CQFW Level 6