|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT OF 5,000-6,000 WORDS||100%|
|Supplementary Assessment||WRITTEN ASSIGNMENT TO BE RESUBMITTED, IF FAILED||100%|
On completion of this module, students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to work and research independently and seek advice as required;
2. Identify and prioritise source materials needed for a clear and proper understanding of the subject;
3. Demonstrate a critical awareness of the factors which currently shape the chosen area of law;
4. Evidence a sound analytical and critical appreciation of the practices within the area in question;
5. Demonstrate a wide awareness of issues at the forefront of the relevant area of law and the ability to critically evaluate those issues in various contexts.
In consultation with a member of academic staff, the student will choose a topic worthy of research in the chosen specialism and produce a dissertation, of up to 6,000 words on the topic, by the essay deadline for that semester.
This module is at CQFW Level 7