|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Other||Private study on DL units; Preparation and submission of written assignment; Additional research and private study|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Module Assessment Written Assignment of 5,000 words||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Analyse the main international copyright conventions and suggest reasons for their content.
2. Explain the effect of the conventions on the rights of copyright owners and the users of copyright materials.
3. Explain the effect of the conventions on the development of the laws of countries and trading blocks which have implemented them.
4 Explain how technological change has impacted on the terms of the conventions.
5. Evaluate the influence of countries such as the US in determining the shape of international copyright conventions.
2. International Copyright Treaties ? rationale, context and terms.
3. Berne Convention 1886 to WIPO Copyright Treaty 1996.
4. Effect of technological change on international copyright conventions.
This module is at CQFW Level 7