|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Other||Contact hours: 3 hours of one-to-one or small group contact over the course of the year|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
Upon successful completion of this module, students should be able to show:
- a well-developed capacity for semi-independent (i.e. independent but guided) work on a given topic
- a well-developed capacity for information retrieval in both print and electronic media
- a sound awareness of both the general area of study and of the specific subject-matter of the essay
- (in the case of students taking this module across two languages) an awareness of the relationships of the two languages, cultures or literatures being compared
- an ability to present work in a satisfactorily scholarly manner
Joint Honours and Major/Minor students of two languages will have to show how the subject of the essay spans both languages.
Joint Honours and Major/Minor students of of a language plus a Minor subject outside the Department will have to show how the subject of the essay concerns both their language subject and their non-language subject.
The module is not available to students only taking a language as a Minor subject when their Major subject is outside the Department.
Students will only be allowed to write one essay per annum.
This module is at CQFW Level 6