|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||One report of 3,000 words Report Of Student:||50%|
|Semester Exam||2 Hours Unseen examination.||50%|
At the end of the modules student should be able to :
- describe the role of a manger;
- explain and analyse the internal and external environments in which they operate;
- profitably and productively manage their environment through the intergrated planning of human, information, technology and financial resources;
- get things done through people by utilising interaction skills;
- manage themselves and others as individuals;
- assess change and risk, and manage accordingly;
- evaluate the quality and performance of their services.
There are four units to this module.
- Unit 1: What is management and why is it relevant today?
- Unit 2: Management skills.
- Unit 3: Planning for the future and managing money effectively.
- Unit 4: Getting things done through people.
- Unit 5: Delivering services.
The aim of the modules it to show students how to manage information services to meet the business needs of the organisation.
- Independent Project Work
- Use/Analysis of numerical information
- Writing in Academic Context
- Career Needs Awareness
- Group Activity
This module is at CQFW Level 6