|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Lecture||11 hours of teaching; 89 hours preparation and revision.|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENT||25%|
|Semester Exam||2 Hours WRITTEN EXAM||75%|
|Supplementary Exam||2 Hours WRITTEN EXAM||100%|
On completion of this module, students should be able to:
- Translate simple sentences from Old Irish;
* Read elementary literary texts, and understand their place in the history of Irish literature;
*Demonstrate an understanding of some of the basic elements of the Old Irish language.
- In-class presentation of features of Old Irish language.
- Introduction to elementary litereary texts.
- Weekly tests on graded material prepared by the students.
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Problem solving||Grammatical analysis.|
|Research skills||Use of reference material.|
This module is at CQFW Level 4