EIA: Theory & Practice
|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Other||Private study on DL units; Preparation and submission of written assignment; Additional research and private study|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Module Assessment Written Assignment of 5,000 words||100%|
After studying this module you should be able to:
- From a range of development examples where Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) was not carried out, recognise the problems which occurred as a result and thus identify the need for EIA.
- Define Environmental Impact Assessment.
- Describe the factors which influenced the legislative development of EIA.
- Describe the stages in the EIA process.
- Identify the major issues related to the EIA process.
- Describe and evaluate EIA methods.
- Identify the major strengths of the EIA process which underlie its effectiveness, and recognise the future developments needed for further improvements.
- To understand what is involved in each of the different stages of the EIA process, and what they are for.
This module is at CQFW Level 7