|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Other||Private study on DL units; Preparation and submission of written assignment; Additional research and private study|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Module Assessment Written Assignment of 5,000 words||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Explain the conceptual framework of UK and continental European legal systems.
2. Explain the aims and objectives and practical effect of EU copyright directives.
3. Explain the extent to which EU directives have been implemented into UK law.
4 Give examples of the extent to which copyright law has evolved in the light of technological change.
5. Explain how owners? rights and users? rights are balanced in the public interest.
2. Owners? rights and users? rights.
3. EU copyright directives.
4. Copyright and technological change.
5. Copyright in the digital environment.
6. UK copyright law in the European context.
This module is at CQFW Level 7