|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Other||Private study on DL units; Preparation and submission of written assignment; Additional research and private study|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Module Assessment Written Assignment of 5,000 words||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
1. Display a knowledge and understanding of how existing legal principles governing contractual activity can apply to electronic commerce.
2. Critically evaluate the regulatory measures in place to protect consumers? economic interests and the application of those measures in the electronic environment.
3. Display a knowledge and understanding of the legal and practical issues associated with electronic payment mechanisms and online dispute resolution.
4. Display an ability to gain access to the relevant literature and materials in this field and how to use them in a critical discussion of the issues covered by this subject.
5. Present critical and well-informed argument regarding the problems of achieving an effective regulatory balance between the interests of all stake holders involved in electronic commerce.
2. Electronic Commerce and the Consumer.
3. Payment Mechanisms in Electronic Commerce.
4. Dispute Resolution in the Online Environment.
This module is at CQFW Level 7