- Professor Daniel Donoghue (Professor - Durham University)
|Delivery Type||Delivery length / details|
|Practical||6 x 2 Hour Practicals|
|Lecture||6 x 2 Hour Lectures|
|Assessment Type||Assessment length / details||Proportion|
|Semester Assessment||Technical Report(3000 words) Presentation||50%|
|Semester Assessment||Essay(4000 words) Critical review of a selected topic in remote sensing (2000 words)||50%|
|Supplementary Assessment||Resubmission of failed assingment||100%|
On successful completion of this module students should be able to:
- Convey current topics in remote sensing across a range of disciplines
- Undertake targeted reviews of the scientific literature.
- Identify areas where new or further research is required and identify avenues by which to undertake such research
- Solve science and technical problems through processing and analysis of remote sensing data.
- Present and articulate the findings of previous research and avenues for future research.
For those students registered on the Remote Sensing and Planetary Science MSc it would be expected that they selected the planetary science issue for their assignments, at least one of which will be provided in each year. All the skills gained issues covered in this module are applicable to all aspects of remote sensing, both planetary and terrestrial.
- Planetary exploration (IMAPS)
- Climate change and carbon dynamics (IGES)
- Biodiversity (IBERS)
- Visualisation and robotics (Comp. Sci)
- Guest lectures on special topics
|Skills Type||Skills details|
|Application of Number||Problem solving task|
|Communication||Presentations and group discussions|
|Improving own Learning and Performance||Literature review and discussions with scientists|
|Personal Development and Career planning||Awareness of scientific literature|
|Problem solving||Awareness of scientific literature and future directions for research|
|Research skills||Reviewing literature and formulating arguments|
|Subject Specific Skills||As above|
|Team work||Group discussions|
This module is at CQFW Level 7